Saturday, November 26, 2022

My incredibly long list of physical books in my office that I should read soon

 I have a problem. I have a problem that many book readers have. People keep publishing too many books that I want to read. I buy the book, I put it on the shelf fully with the intention of reading them in the future, but then another book comes along and I want to read that one, and then... and then... and then...

So, I have a stack of books - well, not a stack, shelves full - of books that I mean to read, but haven't. So here is my end of the year accountability post for all of the neglected books that are a little bit depressed because I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. If you see one I would love and should start with, by all means, let me know!

I'm going to try and do these as alphabetically as possible:

  • Adams, Taylor. No Exit
  • Ahmadi Miller, Enjeela. The Broken Circle
  • Ashley, Renee. Minglements.
  • Backman, Fredrik. Anxious People
  • Barth, John. The Sot-Weed Factor
  • Beckerman, Hannah. If Only I Could Tell You
  • Bennett, Brit. The Mothers
  • Bennett, Brit. The Vanishing Half
  • Cahalan, Susanna. The Great Pretender
  • Callender. Felix Ever After
  • Cameron, Julia. The Right to Write
  • Chambers, Becky. A Prayer for the Crown Shy
  • Choi, Mary H.K. Permanent Record
  • Clarke, Susanna. Piranesi
  • Coates, Ta-nehisi. The Water Dancer
  • Crimp, Imogen. A Very Nice Girl
  • Crouch, Blake. Recursion
  • DeLuca, Jenna. Well Met
  • Diangelo, Robin. White Fragility: Why it's so hard to talk to white people about racism
  • Erpenbeck, Jenny Go, Went, Gone
  • Finlay, Victoria. Fabric
  • Foley, Lucy. The Guest List.
  • Foo, Stephanie. What My Bones Know
  • Ford, Ashley C. Somebody's Daughter
  • Fowler, Therese Anne. Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald
  • Gaiman, Neil. Coraline
  • Gay, Roxanne. Hunger
  • Gwynn, Gioia. The Art of the Short Story
  • Gyasi, Yaa. Transcendent Kingdom
  • Hannah, Kristen. The Four Winds
  • Hannah, Kristen, The Great Alone
  • Hibbert, Talia. Get a Life, Chloe Brown
  • Hoang, Helen. The Kiss Quotient
  • Hoffman, Alice. The Book of Magic
  • Honeyman, Gail. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
  • Hosseini, Khaled. The Kite Runner
  • Iglesias, Gabino. The Devil Takes You Home
  • Jackson, Holly. A Good Girl's Guide to Murder
  • Jackson, K.M. How to Marry Keanu Reeves in 90 days.
  • Jemison, N.K. The City We Became
  • Jenkins Reid, Taylor.  The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
  • Johnson, Kim. This is My America.
  • Johnson, Nancy. The Kindest Lie.
  • Kelly, Anita. Love and Other Disasters
  • King, Lily. Writers and Lovers.
  • Klune, T.J. Under the Whispering Door
  • Koch, Richard. The Mindful Writing Workshop
  • Krueger, William Kent. This Tender Land
  • Kuhn, Sarah. Heroine Complex
  • LaPlante, Alice. The Making of a Story. The Norton Guide to Creative Writing.
  • Laurens, Stephanie. The Masterful Mr. Montague.
  • Lee, Jenny. Anna K: A Love Story
  • Lopate, Philip. The Art of the Personal Essay.
  • Majumdar, Megha. A Burning
  • Maclear, Kyo. Birds, Art, Life.
  • Mansala, Mia P. Arsenic and Adobo
  • Marr, Melissa. Wicked Lovely
  • Maxwell, Everina. Winter's Orbit
  • McBride. Me: Moth.
  • McCaughrean, Geraldine. Where the World Ends
  • McCreight, Kimberly. A Good Marriage
  • McKee, Robert. Story
  • McMillan Cottam, Tressie. Thick.
  • McQuiston, Casey. One Last Stop
  • Meyer, Melissa. Renegades.
  • Monk Kidd, Sue. The Secret Lives of Bees
  • Morrison, Toni. Paradise.
  • Natera, Cleyvis. Neruda on the Park.
  • National Writing Project. Because Digital Writing Matters.
  • Owens, Delia. Where the Crawdads Sing
  • Pearson, Mary. The Adoration of Jenna Fox.
  • Philippe. The Field Guide to the North American Teenager
  • Preston, Natasha. The Lost
  • Rhimes, Shonda. A Year of Yes
  • Richardson, Samuel. Clarissa
  • Robinette Kowal, Mary. Of Noble Family.
  • Rochon, Farrah. The Boyfriend Project.
  • Rooney, Sally. Normal People
  • Rosenthal, Amy Krouse. Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life.
  • Roth, Philip. Everyman.
  • Roth, Philip. The Ghost Writer.
  • Roth, Philip. Zuckerman Unbound.
  • Rowell, Rainbow. Wayward Son: Simon Snow 2
  • Rowell, Rainbow: Any Way the Wind Blows. Simon Snow 3
  • Sager, Riley. Home Before Dark
  • Schultz, Kathryn. Lost and Found
  • Schwartz, Dana. Anatomy: A Love Story
  • Shamsie, Kamila. Home Fire
  • Silver, Josie. The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • Smith, Will with Manson, Mark. Will
  • Soseki. I am a Cat.
  • Srinivasan, Amia. The Right to Sex.
  • Stevenson, Bryan. Just Mercy
  • Straub, Emma. All Adults Here.
  • Taddeo, Lisa. Three Women.
  • Thomas, Angie. Concrete Rose.
  • Valdez Quade. The Five Wounds
  • Ward, Jesmyn. Sing, Unburied, Sing.
  • Westerfield, Scott. Afterworlds
  • Winch, Tara June. The Yield.
  • Woolf, Virginia. The Mrs. Dalloway Reader.
  • Yoon, Nicola. Instructions for Dancing
  • Zauner, Michelle. Crying in H-Mart
These were just the books that were in my office. I have even more in the bedroom and the living room and my classroom.  There are 103 of them. If I don't buy any more books for 2 years, I might get through them all. I need to read more. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tory ! The ones I've read and loved are :
    Hoang, Helen. The Kiss Quotient
    Rowell, Rainbow. Wayward Son: Simon Snow 2
    Rowell, Rainbow: Any Way the Wind Blows. Simon Snow 3
    Winch, Tara June. The Yield
    I have hald a dozen of the same books on my shelves ^^'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Lord. I think mine like 3x this long

    ReplyDelete

My incredibly long list of physical books in my office that I should read soon

 I have a problem. I have a problem that many book readers have. People keep publishing too many books that I want to read. I buy the book, ...